Published January 2013
Designed By Meredith Roddy / Content Supplied by Beadalon
19 strand .012 Gold Plated Beadalon wire
Two size 2 gold filled crimp beads
Two 4mm gold plated crimp covers
One medium gold plated toggle clasp
2 gold plated 6mm jump ring
Wildfire bead stringing thread size .006
Size 12 needle
One package size 15 metallic gold seed beads
One package size 11 matte light green seed beads
One package size 11 matte olive Treasure beads
*Optional – size 22 seed beads, or size 15 Charlottes
One 30mm round, flat bead or cabochon
Twentytwo 6mm round beads
4mm Swarovski crystal bi-cones
1. Start with a comfortable length of Wildfire bead stringing thread about a wingspan long. String and even number of Treasure beads on the thread to fit around the circumference of the 30 mm bead. Tie the beads into a circle at the center of your working thread and pass through a few beads to hide the knot.
2. Begin a row of circular peyote stitch wide enough to cover the edge of your bead. Remember to step up at the end of each row.
3. Switch to size 15 seed beads and continue to work in circular peyote stitch for two rows. Finish with a row of size 22 seed beads, or size 15 Charlottes, and tie off your thread.
4. Thread the remaining thread end, and begin a row of peyote on the other side of your pendant with the size 15 seed beads. Pop your 30mm bead in and continue with another row of size 15 and a row of size 22 until your bead is captured into place.
1. Weave your thread so it is exiting a Treasure Bead on the second to last row. This will be the front of your pendant.
2. *Pick up one size 11 seed bead, three size 15 seed beads, weave back through the size 11 seed bead and through the next Treasure Bead on the bezel*. Continue from * to * adding picots around the circle. Next, position your thread so it is coming out of a Treasure bead on the row behind the one just beaded. *Pick up one size 11 seed bead, one crystal, three size 15 seed beads and weave back through the crystal, the size 11 seed bead, and the next Treasure Bead on the bezel*. Be sure to keep your thread tension tight and that there is no slack around the picots. Continue from * to * around the circle, weave back through a few Treasure Beads to position your thread to create the bail.
1. Exit a Treasure Bead, pick up one bead, skip one bead on the medallion, and go back through the next bead, pick up one bead, skip one bead, go back through the next bead.
2. Work a strip of peyote stitch 4 beads wide and 8 beads long. Fold it back on itself and stitch together to form a loop.
3. Exit one of the beads on the side of the bail. Pick up 3 size 15 beads, go through the next bead to create a picot edge. Continue around both sides of the bail. Tie off your thread.
1. Attach a split ring to each side of the toggle clasp.
2. Cut three 20’’ lengths of 19 strand .012 gold plated Beadalon beading wire.
3. Crimp all three wires together to a split ring on one half of the clasp. Trim the wires close to the crimp, and cover the crimp with a crimp cover.
4. Separate the wires - mentally label the wires as “a” “b” and “c” *On wires “a” and “b”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal and one size 15 bead. On wires “b” and &”c&”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal, and one size 15 bead. On wires “a” and &”b”, string one 6mm bead*. Repeat from * to * 11 times, then string the pendant.
5. For the second half of the necklace, *on wires “a” and “ b”, string one 6mm bead. On wires “b” and “c”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal, and one size 15 bead. On wires “a” and “b”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal and one size 15 bead* Repeat from * to * 11 times.
6. String all three wires around the split ring on the other side of your clasp. Check to make sure both sides of the necklace are the same length by adjusting the tension on the strung beads, then crimp all three wires together with the crimp bead. Trim the wires close to the crimp bead, then cover with the crimp cover.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order