Published January 2013
Designed By Fernando DaSilva / Content Supplied by Beadalon
Basic Wire Work
2 - Flower 1-ring ear posts, silver plated
12 - 4mm Red smooth bicone color-coated beads
14 - 4mm Opaque black Toho Magatama seed beads
4 in. (10.16cm) length - elongated cable chain, silver plated
12 - 1.5 in. (3.81cm) Head pins, white plating
2 - 6mm Medium jump rings, silver plated
2 - 3mm Red Swarovski round faceted crystal stones
BeadFix adhesive (BEADFIX)
Designer flush cutter
Designer Ergo round nose pliers
Designer Ergo chain nose pliers
1. Slide one 4mm bicone bead onto a head pin. Form a loop above the bead. Trim excess wire. Repeat for each bicone bead.
2. Cut the chain into two equal pieces. Carefully, open one link of a 2 in. (5.08cm) length of chain and string 6 red bicone beaded head pins onto it. Using chain nose pliers, carefully close the link.
3. Use chain nose pliers to open a jump ring. String 3 black Magatama beads. Attach the beaded jump ring to the chain, placing it right onto the first link above the red bicone beads. Close the link carefully.
4. Using chain nose pliers, open a jump ring. Still holding onto a side of the ring, string 2 black beads, the top link of the chain, the flower ear post and 2 more black Magatama beads. Close the link carefully.
5. Use BeadFix adhesive to glue a round crystal stone on the center of the flower ear post. Let stand for 24 hours to allow the adhesive to dry completely.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 to complete the second earring.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order