Jewelry Television® (“JTV”) is a television and internet home shopping network, focusing exclusively on the sale of fine jewelry and gemstones. JTV’s television programming is broadcast in over 80 million homes nationwide. Today, JTV is the largest retailer of loose gemstones in the world and is one of the Top 20 jewelry retailers in the country. JTV has a team of jewelry and gemstone experts canvassing the world to locate quality merchandise and oversee manufacturing operations, including a subsidiary base of operations in Bangkok, Thailand. Employees enjoy the opportunity to perform in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
The MicroStrategy Developer position is a technical, hands-on role. The position is responsible for JTV’s MicroStrategy environment, including development, deployment and monitoring and will work intimately with the team responsible for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). The ideal candidate will have experience in developing MicroStrategy schema objects, designing complex Mobile and Web dashboards/reports and administering the entire MicroStrategy environment.
• Hands on development within the MicroStrategy 9 environment, including utilizing Developer, Web, Mobile and the SDK.
• Providing technical leadership for the entire MicroStrategy environment including architecture, best practices, processes, development standards and enforcing those standards.
• Understanding and translating customer and user requirements and goals into scalable and actionable MicroStrategy solutions.
• Installing, configuring and administering MicroStrategy 9 products, including the Intelligence Server, Distribution Services, Web Server, Mobile Server, Enterprise Manager, Object Manager and Integrity Manager.
• Architecting MicroStrategy projects from end to end, including creating a project source/projects, importing tables, creating logical tables, facts, metrics, attributes, transformations, partitions etc.
• Troubleshooting and tuning to determine and fix any data issues, incorrect joins, incorrect results and/or performance issues.
• Solid understanding of relational structures, dimensional data modeling, DataWarehouse and BI techniques.
• Advanced SQL – ability to build and debug/maintain advanced SQL queries.
• Understanding of promotion between different instances and projects used by multiple teams.
• Experience with MicroStrategy security and user/group models, including implementing user/object/project level security, users and user groups and security roles.
• Strong Analytical and problem solving abilities
• Proficient in analyzing business/data requirements, writing metadata definitions, and writing data mapping specifications;
• Excellence in oral/written communications, interpersonal relations, team cooperation and demonstrated ability to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders;
• Proficient in data analysis, defect identifications and resolutions;
• Understanding of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling;
• Experience with full lifecycle development projects and agile methodologies;
• Must have excellent project management and problem solving skills;
• Familiarity with Informatica’s Product Suite, particularly PowerCenter and PowerExchange
• Familiarity with Oracle database features such as materialized views, bitmap indexes, IOTs, external tables, etc. especially as ETL pertains to them.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices, particularly related to Enterprise Data Warehousing preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college preferred, or the equivalent of seven to ten years experience and/or training in the technical Business Intelligence field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Minimum of five years of hands on experience in a MicroStrategy environment, including dashboard/report design as well as schema creation;
• Minimum of two years in a leadership role within a Data Warehousing or MicroStrategy team
• Experience with Oracle 11g, 10g or 9i preferred;
• Experience with Informatica PowerCenter 9.x and PowerExchange 9.x preferred;
• Certified as MCD (MicroStrategy Certified Developer) or MCE (MicroStrategy Certified Engineer) a plus;
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order