Published January 2013
Designed By Katie Hacker / Content Supplied by Beadalon
Basic Wire Work
14mm crystal tabac round flatback sew-on stone
10mm crystal dorado round flatback sew-on stone
9x6mm light Colorado topaz teardrop briolette crystal bead
4mm light Colorado topaz round crystal bead
6mm smoked topaz round crystal bead
8mm smoked topaz round crystal bead
3mm gold sparkle round metal bead
48 ¾" length of gold dapped small cable chain
12" length of 22-gauge gold craft wire
8mm gold filigree bead cap
4 12mm gold beading cones
3 gold ball and star head pins
Gold swivel lobster clasp
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
1. Cut the following lengths of chain: three 15", one 1 1/2", one 1 1/4", one 1".
2. Pass a head pin through one 8mm smoked topaz crystal and a bead cap and make a wrapped loop to attach it to the end of the 1 ½" chain.
3. Pass a head pin through one 4mm smoked topaz crystal and a sparkle bead and make a wrapped loop to attach it to the end of the 1 1/4" chain.
4. Pass a head pin through one 4mm light Colorado topaz crystal and make a wrapped loop to attach it to the end of the 1" chain.
5. Cut a 3" piece of craft wire and make a wrapped loop on one end. Before wrapping the loop, slip the chain dangles onto the loop.
6. Pass the wire through the wide end of a beading cone, then make a wrapped loop to attach it to a 10mm sew-on stone.
7. Use a jump ring to connect the two sew-on stones as shown.
8. Cut a 3" piece of wire and make a wrapped loop to attach it to the 14mm sew-on stone.
9. Pass the wire through the wide end of a briolette bead and the wide end of a beading cone, then use the widest part of the round nose pliers to make a large wrapped loop.
10. Hold the 15" chain lengths together and string the pendant onto the center.
11. Cut a 3" piece of wire and make a wrapped loop to connect the chains at one end of the necklace.
12. Pass the wire through a beading cone and make another wrapped loop to attach the clasp.
13. Repeat the wrapped loop and beading cone technique at the other end of the necklace, then make a large wrapped loop.
14. To fasten the necklace, connect the clasp to the large wrapped loop.
Use the tassel technique to make an easy pair of earrings:
Connect three lengths of chain to an eye pin. Pass the eye pin through the wide end of the cone, then pass the eye pin through a 4mm crystal. Make a wire-wrapped loop to attach it to an ear wire. Add beaded dangles to the chain ends.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order