Jewelry Television® (“JTV”) is a television and internet home shopping network, focusing exclusively on the sale of fine jewelry and gemstones. JTV’s television programming is broadcast in over 80 million homes nationwide. Today, JTV is the largest retailer of loose gemstones in the world and is one of the Top 20 jewelry retailers in the country. JTV has a team of jewelry and gemstone experts canvassing the world to locate quality merchandise and oversee manufacturing operations, including a subsidiary base of operations in Bangkok, Thailand. Employees enjoy the opportunity to perform in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to build high quality enterprise Java applications. A very strong software development background is a must. The candidate will be expected to design, develop, and unit test production quality software with other team members in an Agile environment where teams are focused on delivering innovative technical solutions to solve complex business problems.
The candidate will be an evangelist for best practices and collaborate with others on process enhancements and development tools to increase the effectiveness of the Software Engineering team. Our teams heavily embrace open source technologies and the candidate should be capable of identifying relevant technologies and standards.Those who succeed here have a true passion for developing innovative technology solutions, are strong problem solvers and results-oriented team players.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field;
• 4+ years experience as a Java Software Engineer;
• A Strong Object-Oriented programming background and the ability to apply solid architectural; principles and design patterns in the implementation of server and client code;
• Strong Java skills with recent Java 6 experience, preferred;
• Intimate knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design pattern;
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture;
• Experience with Web Service technologies (SOAP, REST, etc.);
• Able to review and track external technologies, products, and emerging standards for their applicability and importance;
• Experience with an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) is a plus;
• Experience using Agile methodologies, including Test Driven Development;
• Strong SQL skills and experience with Oracle;
• Experience with Unix-based operating systems (Linux, CentOS, etc.);
• Working knowledge of application servers; Tomcat or otherwise;
• Working knowledge of code repositories and build systems, specifically Subversion, Maven, and Hudson.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order