• Adjust and maintain current set lighting to meet changing show & production needs.
• Artistically light environments, hosts and product for live television broadcasts while meeting technical requirements of High Definition cameras and broadcast standards.
• Assist with power distribution, dimmer racks, power loads, etc.
• Program scene settings into lighting recall interface for easy retrieval by crew and Directors.
• Schedule and perform maintenance on lighting equipment and grip gear.
• Assist Production Leadership and Lighting Techs with set load-in and tear outs and light new sets as needed for shows and specials.
• Help with set and studio maintenance and refurbishment. This may include but not limited to minor carpentry and painting; maintaining inventory and organization of lighting and studio equipment; assisting with inventory and organization of Studio props and décor.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years experience as a Lighting Assistant or Grip
• Experience with electrical requirements, power distribution and safety concerns as it relates to TV lights and lighting.
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs including, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Willingness to learn all aspects fast-paced, multi-camera studio environment. This may include but not limited to operating cameras.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Work well in a high pressure live television environment and be able to respond quickly and effectively.
• Effective communication skills.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and various shifts or schedules.
• 2-5 years of live television Graphics experience
• Experience with Ikegami camera operations
• Experience with Harris Nexio file systems
• Experience with Inscriber on air graphics programs
• Experience with live music performances
• Good vision and hearing.
• Lift, move or carry up to 50 lbs or more of heavy production gear.
• Be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time in a live studio production.
• Able to climb ladders, work well and safely at heights of 14-30 feet
Jewelry Television’s blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a unique and engaging working environment. Our employees enjoy health and retirement plans and a competitive benefit program with merchandise discounts and more. We encourage growth and development in our department and across the company. Most importantly, we like to have fun.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order