Gemvue Tabletop Polariscope
The GemVue polariscope is the fastest way to test the optical properties of gemstones. Quickly determine whether gemstone and minerals are singly or doubly refractive. Resolve optic character in doubly refractive gems and detect pleochroism. Opening in the front can double as a light source. Operates on 120V. Includes large interference sphere and dust cover.
The GemVue Tabletop polariscope is one of a series of tools that assist in gemstone and mineral identification. This tool is used in conjunction with other gem tools to narrow the range of possibilities when identifying stones and minerals. The primary purpose of this tool is to determine the optic character. Gemstones and minerals exhibit different structural forms. Some may be singly refractive, doubly refractive, or an aggregate of numerous microscopically small crystals. Each of these structures responds differently when viewed through a polariscope. This unit also has a built-in light and a slit in the base of the unit that allows it to be used as a light source for various refractometers and other gemological instruments. This is a valuable tool for any gem enthusiast. Comes with a protective cover to prevent dust build up and a large interference sphere. The tool operates on a standard 120V outlet. No batteries required.
- Product Type
- Country of Origin
- Piece Count
What is the Jewel Safe™ Protection Plan
What it covers:
For jewelry Jewel Safe™ covers:
- Damage to any stone (including cracks, chips, scratches and breakage)
- Lost enhancement, or side, stones
- Broken chains, links or clasps
- Broken, worn or bent prongs
- Dented or misshapen jewelry
- Cracked or thinning bands
- Kinks or knots in chains
- Broken earring posts
- Stretched or broken pearl strands
- 1 ring re-sizing
For gemstones Jewel Safe™ covers:
- Damage to your gemstone (including cracks, chips, and breakage)
For watches Jewel Safe™ covers:
- Damage to the crystal (including scratches, cracks, chips and breakage)
- Bands (breakage of metal or leather discoloration); bezel
- Stem and crown damage
- Moisture damage
How it Works:
If you ever need assistance, it's as easy as these 3 steps:
- Call the toll free number (800) 366-4010 for a specialist that can further assist you.
- Receive a prepaid label and all shipping instructions.
Who Should Purchase:
|Three (3) Day||$11.99||$9.99|
|Two (2) Day||$16.99||$14.99|
|International - Canada and Mexico||$18.99||$16.99|
What is your return policy?