How to Make the Blue and Turquoise Spiral Rope Set
Published December 2012
Designed By Carole Rodgers / Content Supplied by Beadalon
Materials & Tools:
5 aqua 20mm shell disk beads
4mm clear AB cube beads-approximately 225
6° dark blue AB seed beads-approximately 675
6° turquoise AB seed beads-approximately 450
Beadalon® DandyLine white .011 diameter thread
Beadalon® silver lobster claw clasps-2
Beadalon® silver clasp tags-2
Beadalon® silver 5mm jump rings-4
Beadalon® silver clamshell bead tips-4
Beadalon® 2mm silver crimp beads-4
Size 10 beading needle
Beadstrom™ Chain Nose pliers
Bracelet How To:
1. Single thread your needle with as much DandyLineT as you can handle.
2. Pick up 4 blue beads, 1 turquoise, 1 clear, and 1 turquoise.
3. Pass thread back through the four blue beads. The blue beads will form the core of your piece around which the other beads will spiral. Push the turquoise and clear beads to the left.
4. Pick up 1 blue, 1 turquoise, 1 clear and 1 turquoise. Skipping the first blue bead of the core beads, pass your needle back through the blue beads including the blue bead you just picked up. Push the turquoise and clear beads to the left.
5. Pick up 1 blue, 1 turquoise, 1 clear and 1 turquoise.
6. Pass your needle back through the blue core beads but this time skip the bottom 2 blue beads.
7. Each time you add 1 blue bead at the top and skip 1 blue bead at the bottom so that you are constantly passing your thread through 4 core beads.
8. Continue making the rope until you have a length about ¾-1 less than you need to go around your wrist.
9. Thread on one clamshell bead tip from bottom in.
10. Pick up 1 crimp bead. Pass thread back through clamshell and into weaving.
11. Follow the bead path and bring thread back through clamshell and crimp bead. Do this several times.
12. Work needle through crimp bead and tie a few half hitches and pierce thread a time or two to secure. Glue knot. Trim thread. Close clamshell.
13. Repeat for other end.
14. Attach jump rings to clasp ends.
15. Bend bars of clamshells around jump rings to attach clasp to bracelet.
Necklace How To:
1. Repeat Steps 1-6.
2. Make it as long as you like. Numbers of beads given should allow you to do an 18 necklace.
3. Repeat Steps 8-14.