Your Chain, Your Choice, Your Custom Look
Published August 2019
Complement any outfit and style with a chain necklace that can be customized to any length or look. Chains are the foundation of any necklace and can be worn by themselves or with a pendant. There are many different types of chain necklaces for women and men too, with a variety of metal choices such as gold (yellow, white and rose) to silver, copper and steel. Our simple, yet stunning silver chains add the perfect touch of timeless style to any outfit. If you're looking for a subtle use of color, add a yellow or rose gold diamond link chain to brighten up your business and casual wear.
How to Choose the Right Chain Necklace For You
Choice of chain is important, and you can also decide how you wear it. You can wear one chain necklace alone with an elegant ensemble or go for the glamour by layering a few together. You can never have too many chains. Whether you're looking for a layered look or in need of a classic jewelry piece to add to your wardrobe, there are many options to consider. Let's look at the most popular chain necklaces to help you figure out which one is best for you.
- Created with two or more strands spiraled and woven together, but the links aren't completely joined
- The tri-dimensional design creates an eye-catching, spiral effect
- Comfortable and perfect to wear with a pendant
- Made from uniformly sized round or oval twisted links that lay flat along the neck
- Classic and timeless design is ideal for both men and women
- Can be found in hammered, flat, diamond cut, square and round wire styles
- Very sturdy and easy to maintain and care for
- Also called a link chain and consists of individual oval or round links interlocked in a uniform pattern
- Each link lays at 90º to the next & each section is identical
- Most common form of necklace chain used in jewelry
- Made from small figure eight links which give it a squarish, round, oval, or braided appearance
- Resembles an ear of corn or wheat with a textural appearance
- Also called a Spiga chain, which originates from the Spanish "espiga," which means "wheat"
- Consists of flat wire rolled flat and folded into square links that form open boxes
- Small cubed-like links are four-sided, so the same design is visible from all sides
- Also called a book chain, briolette chain, square link chain, and Venetian chain.
How to Clean Your Chain Jewelry
In order to keep your chain jewelry looking stunning, you need to make sure you know how to clean your jewelry. Before you clean your chain jewelry, you need to gather your supplies. You will need lukewarm water, mild dish-washing soap or mild jewelry cleaner, a soft, clean and dry cloth, and a small soft-bristle toothbrush or cleaning brush.
- Soak jewelry 10 to 20 minutes to soften residue and dirt
- Gently brush sides, top, bottom and underside
- Rinse with clean water
- Pat dry with a clean cloth
- Repeat steps if necessary