Published December 2012
Designed By Fernando DaSilva / Content Supplied by Beadalon
Basic wire loop, Stringing
10 6mm bicone green Swarovski crystal beads
2 Toho Treasure round galvanized silver 11/0 beads
4 Crystal Innovations green square metal sliders
4 Sterling Elegance grooved ring spacer
2 28" Beadalon 7 or 19 .012” strand beading wire
1 set diamond duet clasp
1 package cell stones
1. This is a free form wire wrapping exercise. Each link is unique. Start with an oval link and 20 gauge rose wire. Coil the wire six times around the left side of the link, cross over, wrap four times, cross over and wrap six more times. Cut off excess wire and use nylon jaw pliers to tuck the tails under. Use round nose pliers to tighten the two strands that span the center of the link.
2. Wrap burgundy wire tightly around one side of an oval link. Loosely wrap the rose wire around the opposite side, two wraps, three loose wraps, 2 wraps and then a single wrap. Cut off excess wire and tuck tails under.
3. Wrap rose wire tightly three times around the edge of the large circle link. Add a round bead, wrap three times, add a round bead, wrap three times, add a square bead, wrap three times, square bead, three wraps, round bead, three wraps and a final square bead. Wrap wire once next to the first coiled section, cut off excess wire and tuck the tail under.
4. Using the burgundy wire coil around an oval link twelve times, cut off excess wire. Repeat on opposite side. Wrap another piece of wire around one side twenty times, take wire and wrap over center of link, adding a square bead on wire before securing it to the opposite side of the link. Wrap wire around link 17 times and then cross over to other side and around and then back over securing the wire with two last wraps. Cut off excess wire and tuck tails under. Use round nose pliers to tighten the center wires and secure them on the frame.
5. Using the rose wire, wrap three times around an oval link. Add a square bead and wrap the wire around the frame two times, add the crystal bead, wrap under frame and add a square bead, wrap around frame edge twice and add a round bead. Wrap the wire around the frame loosely one time (still creating tension) and then four times tightly. Clip off excess wire and tuck under.
6. Wrap the burgundy wire around an oval frame three times tightly. Loosely wrap the wire around the frame edge five times leaving spaces between but still maintaining tension, finish by wrapping tightly three times. Cut off excess and tuck under. Repeat for opposite side of the frame.
7. Connect your wired links in the order above using 10mm jump rings. Attach the lobster clasp to a jump ring on the end of the final link.
8. Coil a vintage bead on a ball tipped head pin and add it to the 10mm jump ring with the lobster clasp.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order