Published January 2013
Designed By Katie Hacker / Content Supplied by Beadalon
Bead Stringing, Basic Wire Work
20mm red round shell bead frame
6 red 16mm round shell bead frames
16mm gray glass coin bead
10 gray 12mm shell lentil beads
4 gray 12mm oval faceted glass beads
12 gray 8mm glass rondelles
12 silver 6mm silver rondelles
Silver 8mm rondelle
.015" diameter pink Beadalon 7
6 silver #1 Crimp Beads
5 silver #2 Crimp Beads
13 silver lines Crimp Covers
Silver EZ-Lobster™ Clasp
2 red 16mm round shell bead frames
2 gray 12mm shell disc beads
4 gray 8mm glass rondelles
2 silver Eye Pins
2 silver ball Head Pins
2 silver Leverback Ear Wires
Mighty Crimping Tool
1. Cut two 15" lengths of Beadalon 7.
2. Hold the wires together and pass them through a #2 Crimp Bead so the Crimp Bead is 3" from the end. (Don't crimp it yet.)
3. Cut four 3" wires and place one end of each inside the Crimp Bead from Step 2. Crimp it.
4. Place a Crimp Cover over the Crimp Bead and use a Crimping Tool to close it.
5. Pass a 3" wire end through a 12mm lentil and attach a #1 Crimp Bead to hold it in place. Attach a Crimp Cover.
6. Repeat Step 5 for each 3" wire.
7. Pass the long doubled wire through one hole on the 20mm shell bead frame, two gray rondelles, the other hole on the shell bead frame, 8mm silver rondelle, and the gray coin bead.
8. Use a Crimping Tool to close two Crimp Covers (to be used as beads) and string one onto each wire.
9. String the following beads onto one strand: 16mm shell bead frame with 2 gray rondelles inside, 6mm silver rondelle, lentil, 6mm silver rondelle, gray oval, 6mm silver rondelle, 16mm shell bead frame with 2 gray rondelles inside, 6mm silver rondelle, gray oval, 6mm silver rondelle, lentil, 6mm silver rondelle, 16mm shell bead frame with 2 gray rondelles inside, #2 Crimp Bead.
10. Cut two 5" lengths of Beadalon 7 and place them inside the Crimp Bead from Step 9, extending toward the end of the necklace. Crimp it and attach a Crimp Cover.
11. Braid the three wire ends together and attach a #2 Crimp Bead ½" from the end. Attach a Crimp Cover.
12. Cut off two wire ends and trim one wire end to ¼" long. Attach an EZ-Crimp™ end using a Crimping Tool.
13. Repeat Steps 9-12 for the other side of the necklace so it's symmetrical.
1. Connect an Eye Pin to the loop on an Ear Wire.
2. Pass the Eye Pin through one hole on the shell bead frame, through two rondelles, and through the other hole on the bead frame. Make a loop.
3. Pass a Head Pin through a disc bead and make a basic loop to attach it to the loop below the bead frame.
4. Repeat Steps 1-3 to make a matching earring.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order