To enter the JTV Gold Exchange Sweepstakes, for a chance to win 4oz. of pure gold:
The Grand Prize drawing will be held on August 20, 2010. Maximum of five entries per person. See complete rules below.
Acceptance of an offer is not required to be entered into the JTV Gold Exchange Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase from the JTV Gold ExchangeSM Program (the "Gold Exchange") is not required to participate in the Sweepstakes or to be a winner.
1. Sponsor. The Sponsors of the Sweepstakes are MCG Interactive, Inc. ("MCG") and America's Collectibles Network, Inc. ("ACN"). ACN does business as JTV® and Jewelry Television®. The address for MCG and ACN is 190 Hayfield Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37922. ACN is sometimes referred to in these rules as either "JTV" or "Jewelry Television." MCG and ACN have agreed that ACN will administer these Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the limitations herein, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and Washington D. C., who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories. Void where prohibited by law.
Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of MCG, ACN, Quality Gold, Inc. ("QG") and their immediate families or members of household (parents, children, siblings, spouse) are not eligible for the Sweepstakes.
3. Prize and Value. The Grand Prize is four (4) ounces of 24 karat gold valued at $4,806. The value of the Grand Prize is determined as of July 2, 2010. Actual value depends on the price of gold at time the prize is awarded.
4. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am on July 19, 2010 and ends at 11:59 pm on August 16, 2010 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). As explained more fully below, entries are based on either a request for a Gold Pack from the Gold Exchange (defined below) and/or submission of gold or platinum items to the Gold Exchange. To be eligible for an entry into the Sweepstakes based on a request for a Gold Pack, the request must have been received by the Gold Exchange during the Sweepstakes Period. To be eligible for additional entries based on submission of gold or platinum items, such items must have been actually received by the Gold Exchange during the Sweepstakes Period.
A drawing for the Grand Prize will be held on August 20, 2010.
To participate in the Gold Exchange, a customer requests a Gold Pack either online (from jtvgold.com) or by calling 1-800-913-8113. The Gold Pack contains information on the Gold Exchange and a prepaid FedEx® envelope. The customer inserts his or her gold or platinum items into the prepaid FedEx® envelope and sends them to the Gold Exchange. The customer's items are reviewed, and a cash offer is typically made by the Gold Exchange, which the customer can either accept or reject. (The above description is intended to summarize the terms and conditions of participating in the Gold Exchange, and in no way alters or amends the terms and conditions of the Gold Exchange, which can be viewed at http://www.jtvgold.com.)
All persons requesting a Gold Pack during the Sweepstakes Period will receive one entry in the Sweepstakes. If they send gold or platinum items to the Gold Exchange in a Gold Pack during the Sweepstakes Period, they will also receive four (4) additional entries in the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of an offer from the Gold Exchange for the items is not required to receive these entries. Maximum of five (5) entries per person.
A prize may be awarded only if a potential winner complies with all of these Official Rules.
5. Winners. The winner is selected through a random drawing performed by or under the supervision of ACN employees. The winner will be contacted based on the information provided to the Gold Exchange either in connection with a request for a Gold Pack or their submission of gold or platinum items. Neither ACN, MCG nor QG is responsible for false or incorrectly entered contact information.
The winner will be contacted within 10 business days after the end of the Sweepstakes. If a winner cannot be contacted and/or does not respond to claim his or her prize within ten (10) days, he or she will be disqualified, and another winner will be selected. ACN and MCG are authorized to use submitted entries as they see fit, including usage in advertising. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes by ACN or MCG without additional compensation or consent, unless prohibited by law. The Grand Prize winner acknowledges that he/she will receive a Form 1099 from MCG or JTV and agrees to provide whatever information is necessary to provide him/her with such notice and for MCG or JTV to provide appropriate documentation to the Internal Revenue Service.
6. General. All participants in the Sweepstakes release and hold harmless ACN, MCG, QG and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from all liability (including attorney's fees and costs) regarding participation in the Sweepstakes and receipt or misuse of the prize awarded. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' fees. Prize notifications that are returned as undeliverable may disqualify a prospective winner. All federal, state and local taxes (if any) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All participants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules. Neither ACN, MCG nor QG shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors in these rules or other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. Neither ACN, MCG nor QG is responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions; interruptions; deletions; or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; inability to access the jtv.com, jtvgold.com or jtvgoldparty.com websites; theft; tampering, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any documents or information used to enter them into the Sweepstakes; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or misdirected, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or any combination thereof; or for any other errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, whether computer, network, technical printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize or any Sweepstakes-related materials. Neither proof of online submission nor proof that a package was submitted to FedEx® is considered proof of delivery or receipt.
If materials concerning entries have been tampered with or altered, they are void. If, in ACN's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, ACN reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and, at ACN's discretion, conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the last date of the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated last date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on the jtvgold.com and jtvgoldparty.com websites. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, ACN and MCG reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any potential winner based on an e-mail address, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. ACN reserves the right to disqualify entries should the submissions to the Gold Exchange contain invalid email addresses or other contact information.
Entrant agrees that any disputes arising under the Sweepstakes shall be governed by Tennessee law, and must be brought in the state or federal court located in Knox County, Tennessee. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or exchanges are permitted. Neither ACN, MCG nor QG is responsible for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, damaged or incomplete submissions to the Gold Exchange. All materials submitted become the property of ACN and/or MCG. At ACN's sole discretion, the winners may be required to execute and return an Agreement of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release. If such Agreement is requested by ACN and the winner does not return it within ten (10) days of date of the request, ACN will conclude definitively that the prize has been declined and, without further notice, an alternative winner may be selected in random drawings.