Do you love Technology? Do you love solving problems? Do you love developing new software, technology databases, systems, etc? Do you love working with intelligent, fun people? If so, keep reading…
JTV’s Technology team is looking for exciting, dynamic, and intelligent professionals who are seeking a challenging role in Technology. We are looking for team members who want a career in a corporate/academic environment who possess a superior level of experience in the technology field. We expect you to be a creative thinking individual with impeccable communication skills. Candidates will have an aptitude for building effective working relationships, together with proficient time-management and personal organization skills.
If you are self-motivated and enthusiastic with the skills and passion to take on the challenge of scaling the big ambitions of this company and about providing the best possible technologies and service internally and externally, then we want to talk to you. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting phases of a company, where you will see the results of your hard work used by millions of customers. We want to see the best ideas you have. If you love technology and want to work with people who love technology, this is the place for you!
The Senior Linux/Unix Administrator will work with stakeholders to determine system specifications, functionality and parameters for system requirements. They will be responsible for architecting, implementing and operating all Linux based systems including applications. This position will work with the Technical Operations Manager to identify and implement products and services to improve application uptime, improve efficiencies, addresses security requirements and compliance requirements. The Senior Linux/Unix Administrator will also work closely with partnering technology groups to deploy and support internally developed applications.
In addition, this position will develop continuous roadmap of upgrades and improvements for existing systems and work with the Technology team to implement and ensure systems are constantly kept maintained and secure.
• Install, maintain and support a highly available Linux server plant in a fast-paced enterprise environment;
• Support Solaris servers running mission critical Oracle 10g and Oracle 11i RAC instances;
• Design, deploy, support and maintain systems running:
o RHEL 4 & 5
o CentOS 5
o Solaris 10
• Conduct needs and cost/benefit analyses;
• Consult with other technology teams;
• Mentor junior staff & educate peers.
• 5+ years of Linux/Unix Administration;
• Extensive experience with SAN technology;
• Extensive experience with information security;
• Extensive experience supporting Oracle databases;
• Experience with application load balancing technologies;
• Experience managing virtualized systems;
• Excellent troubleshooting skills;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Excellent verbal, written and diagramming skills;
• Ability to work closely with peers, team members and others in a collaborative manner;
• At hand knowledge of shell commands;
• Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP and the common standards-based protocols that use it;
• Information security fundamentals;
• Diagramming skills
• Writing skills
• Work history supporting 24/7 mission-critical Linux/Unix systems
• Experience with EMC Networker, NetApp Data ONTAP , Cisco SAN OS, high-end storage platforms, and knowledge of software engineering is preferred.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order