Jewelry Television® (“JTV”), a television and internet home shopping network, is conducting a search for a Technical Director.
Jewelry Television focuses exclusively on the sale of fine jewelry and gemstones. JTV’s television programming is broadcast in over 80 million homes nationwide. Today, JTV is the largest retailer of loose gemstones in the world and is one of the Top 20 jewelry retailers in the country. JTV has a team of jewelry and gemstone experts canvassing the world to locate quality merchandise and oversee manufacturing operations, including a subsidiary base of operations in Bangkok, Thailand. Employees enjoy the opportunity to perform in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
The Technical Director is the point person for all technical, visual and sound elements of the live broadcast. Nothing makes it to air without the Technical Director’s intentional action to make it happen. In order to do this effectively, the Technical Director must prepare effectively and completely. The Technical Director must prepare the studio environment for the upcoming live show, as well as prepare, preview and pre-produce any and all video elements that will be used in the live show. The Technical Director must also prepare their crew members for what is expected during the live show, then synchronize and call for their execution and timing so as to deliver a clean, tight, polished and professional show. This requires that the TD be able to think on their feet, be flexible and adaptive and they must be clear and effective communicators.
• Degree in Broadcast/TV Production or a closely related field.
• 2-3 years experience as a live show Director or Technical Director for live production at a medium market TV station or cable network.
• Strong understanding of all aspects of TV production including pre & post production.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Experience with High Definition Production and an understanding of the demands of HD.
• Able to operate Grass Valley Group Switchers in a live production environment and understanding of set-up of EMEMs, timelines and macros.
• Experience operating video servers including an understanding of DDRs, Leitch or other related video drive storage system.
• Strong understanding of audio board systems, including channel assignments and routing.
• Experience directing multi-camera live shows in a high pressure environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of production value standards and methods to achieve those standards.
• Work well in a high pressure live television environment and be able to respond quickly and effectively.
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong eye toward shot composition for 4:3 and 16:9 formats.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and various shift and/or schedules.
• Strong and effective leadership ability and provide a positive role-model for others in the department.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order