Jewelry Television’s role of Product Owner is bi-lingual. The Technology team is looking for a person that can speak the technical language our company uses and translate that to a comprehensive end user experience. So much of what JTV does in propelling our consumer initiatives forward relies heavily on the ability of our Product Development Group. The Product Owner is able to take the needs of the business and mold them into the action items of the Technology Team using SCRUM principles. The Product Owner must aggressively determine which features of a product are most important and when they should be developed. Just as the engineering team must produce the work for the Product Owner, the Product Owner must facilitate the delivery of the product to the customer. The Product Owner becomes the voice of the internal customer/end user. This positions largest accountability is ensuring the technology is delivered to the organization. Most specifically we are looking for problem solvers who can take complex situations and break them down to ensure the technology team is creating the ultimate end user experience that meet the needs and objectives of the business initiative that it solves.
• Works with the business to determine user needs and business drivers, develops user stories in a prioritized backlog that feeds the system development process using Scrum;
• Works with Scrum teams for project planning, estimating, and assessing relative value of user stories. Sets and communicates project vision and measurable outcome goals;
• Provides timely, effective visual, written, and verbal communication on the status of project activities and effectively manages stakeholder expectations regarding status, risks and necessary trade-offs as functionality emerges;
• Responsible for reviewing the end user functionality and documentation;
• Responsible for representing the state of the project to end users and stakeholders at Sprint Reviews;
• Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests;
• Special projects as assigned by Executive or Management team.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college preferred, or the equivalent of three to five years experience and/or training in technology or business related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Project management and/or Business Analyst experience is preferred;
• Previous SCRUM Product Owner experience is preferred.
• Required computer experience with demonstrated advanced Microsoft Office skills;
• Advanced oral and written communications skills;
• Requires strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
• Limited database knowledge, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) systems and agile software development is preferred.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order