Jewelry Television® (“JTV”) is a television and internet home shopping network, focusing exclusively on the sale of fine jewelry and gemstones. JTV’s television programming is broadcast in over 80 million homes nationwide. Today, JTV is the largest retailer of loose gemstones in the world and is one of the Top 20 jewelry retailers in the country. JTV has a team of jewelry and gemstone experts canvassing the world to locate quality merchandise and oversee manufacturing operations, including a subsidiary base of operations in Bangkok, Thailand. Employees enjoy the opportunity to perform in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
The Senior Web Developer will work as a critical member of an extremely fast paced development team. This team is responsible for the development and maintenance of Jewelry Television’s web properties, backend support and development of applications supporting these properties, as well as other JTV Ecommerce initiatives.
The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
• Develop new web applications through packaged and customized applications.
• Maintain and enhance existing web applications and all integrated internal systems.
• Perform complete testing of Web applications–unit and system.
• Work with business users to create templates for rapid page development.
• Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
• 5 years experience in web technologies
• 5 years experience in ASP.NET
• 5 years experience in SQL Server
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Development experience with mark-up (X)HMTL
• Experience developing and working with cascading style sheets (CSS)
• Experience working with web services
• Working knowledge of code management tools
• Experience with cross browser testing
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
• Experience with Object Oriented Programming
• Working knowledge of SEO best practices
• Working knowledge of accessibility and usability best practices
• Familiarity with any agile development methodologies
• Experience using Demandware
• Experience using SQL Server SSIS
• Mobile Development
• Smart TV Development
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order