Jewelry Television® (“JTV”) is a television and internet home shopping network, focusing exclusively on the sale of fine jewelry and gemstones. JTV’s television programming is broadcast in over 80 million homes nationwide. Today, JTV is the largest retailer of loose gemstones in the world and is one of the Top 20 jewelry retailers in the country. JTV has a team of jewelry and gemstone experts canvassing the world to locate quality merchandise and oversee manufacturing operations, including a subsidiary base of operations in Bangkok, Thailand. Employees enjoy the opportunity to perform in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
The purpose of the Quality Assurance job is to ensure that software solutions being delivered meet business requirements and satisfy quality expectations set by Technology management. This involves refining and improving user stories with product owners/business analysts and developing robust test suites which will uncover potential defects. The main activities of the job involve comprehending and communicating business goals and technical capabilities; ensuring test data sets exist when needed; establishing and maintaining appropriate test environments; planning, designing, and executing tests; analyzing results, reporting issues and verifying issue resolution.
• Develop test plans, cases, and scripts; schedule and execute test cycles; contribute to testability & quality of software developed by the Technology department;
• Report defects accurately; facilitate issue tracking and successful resolution; assess and communicate risk of various types and help engineers and stakeholders make collaborative decisions about risk tolerance for each production release;
• Generate test data sets and configure test environments;
• Review and improve user stories produced by product owners and customers so that they are actionable by project teams;
• Participate in planning/review/retrospective activities and help to make adjustments to processes, environments, tools, etc. in order to make project teams more effective and capable of producing higher quality deliverables tightly aligned with business needs;
• PL/SQL skills at an intermediate level (used daily at prior jobs);
• B.S. in Computer Science, preferred;
• Practical knowledge of one or more agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, kanban, XP);
• Familiarity with web services, Java (J2EE), XML, XSLT, xpath;
• Prefer working knowledge of functional test automation tools and/or agile collaboration tools;
• Significant experience with back-end inspection and DB validation\Expertise at designing positive and negative unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests for multi-tiered, highly complex enterprise systems;
• Excellent comprehension and communication skills;
• Scripting or programming languages, welcomed but not required;
• Performance testing experience;
• Scripting experience (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or similar);
• MicroFocus functional automation experience;
• Effective collaboration and consensus-building;
• A minimum of 5-7 years in a technical role on IT projects;
• Substantial focus on software quality, producing/reviewing requirements, or pinpointing appropriate acceptance criteria even if not in a dedicated testing role;
• Ability to analyze and retain large quantities of complex information and to work closely with others to determine appropriate solutions to challenging problems;
• Proven track record with Scrum or other agile methodology;
• Automated tools experience and scripting of test harnesses or test cases;
• Experience with 24/7/365 mission critical systems handling massive amounts of transactional data (if not retail then financial or similar data-intensive setting);
• Participation on enterprise-level software development projects.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order