No Purchase Necessary. A purchase is not required to enter this Contest, and a purchase will not increase your chances of being selected as a finalist or prize winner.
1. Eligibility. The Jewel School® Designer Showcase Challenge (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of America’s Collectibles Network, Inc. d/b/a Jewelry Television® (“JTV”) and their immediate families or members of household (parents, children, siblings, spouses) are not eligible for participation in the Contest.
2. Entry Categories.
A. Mixed-up Media Category: Any techniques utilizing the following mediums as the focus of the design: Kumihimo, leather, concrete, polymer clay.
B. Metal Art Play: Transforming metal and/or wire into a finished piece using the following techniques: metal smithing, wire work, Viking knit, art clay, chainmaille, cold or hot connections, metal forming, weaving, firing plates.
C. Blissful Beading: Includes any of the following techniques that utilize beads as the focus of the design. Techniques include knotting, beading wire, seed bead looming.
JTV reserves the right at its sole discretion to reassign an entry to a different category, if it is not appropriate to the category selected by the entrant when submitting the entry.
3. How to Enter. Contestants may enter online at www.jtv.com/challenge. Entries may besubmitted electronically beginning at 12:01am ET June 24, 201 and entries must be received by 11:59pm ET on August 17, 2014 (the “Entry Period”) to be eligible. Each contestant is limited to one (1) entry in the Contest. The steps for entry are described below.
A. Visit the Jewel School® Design Contest page at www.jtv.com/challenge.
B. Click the “Enter Contest” button.
C. Read and follow the instructions for submitting your design online.
D. Enter all the required information or your entry will not be valid. For example, complete “Title”, “Tell us about your piece” and “List of Materials Used” fields. Then click “Browse” and look for your file name of the image of your design. Click “Upload.”
E. Click “Continue”
F. The image of your design must be in a GIF, JPEG or PDF file format or the upload process will not work.
G. Click “Submit.”
NOTE: A prize may be awarded only if a contestant complies with all these Official Rules, including the execution of the Jewel School® Design Contest Finalist Agreement described under “Judging” and “Copyright and Patent Issues” below and the inclusion of the information referred to in “How to Enter” above. Designs previously entered in other contests or previously sold are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
4. Judging. All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges (the “Judges”) selected by JTV inits sole discretion. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from all eligible entries receivedduring the Entry Period. All designs will be judged on the following criteria: 1) originality, 2) customer appeal and 3) wearability. The Grand Prize Winner will be chosen by the Judges between August 18, 2014 and August 31, 2014. Designs will be used on JTV television broadcasts and on JTV websites, such use shall be determined by JTV in its sole discretion. All contestants consent to such use and agree that JTV shall own all right, title and interest to any such design.
5. Voting and Prizes.
A. Grand Prize. One (1) winner will be chosen by the Judges from all eligible entriesreceived during the Entry Period. The Grand Prize winner is not be eligible to win any other category or runner-up prize.
B. , Category and Runner-up Prizes. After the Grand Prize winner is selected by theJudges, JTV customers and other interested persons may vote for one of the entries at www.jtv.com/challenge once each day between 12:01am ET on September 1, 2014 and 11:59pm ET on September 15, 2014 (the “Voting Period”). No purchase is required to cast a vote.
1. Fan Favorite. The entry with the most overall votes cast during the VotingPeriod will be deemed the Fan Favorite winner. There will be one (1) Fan Favorite winner. The Fan Favorite winner is not be eligible to win any other category or runner-up prize. The winner in the category which produces the Fan Favorite will be chosen from the remaining entries with the most votes after the Fan Favorite is determined.
2. Category Winners. For each category, the entry with the most votes cast duringthe Voting Period will be deemed a Category winner. There will be one (1) winner for each category for a total of three (3) winners.
3. 1st Runner Ups. For each category, the entry with the second-most votes cast during the Voting Period will be deemed the Category 1stThere will be one (1) winner for each category for a total of three (3) winners. Runner Up winner.
4. 2nd Runner Ups. For each category, the entry with the third-most votes cast during the Voting Period will be deemed the Category 2ndThere will be one (1) winner for each category for a total of three (3) winners.
5. 50 Finalists. The top 50 entries with the most votes cast during the VotingPeriod, and that did not place as a Grand Prize, Fan Favorite, Category, 1stRunner Up, or 2ndRunner up winner will be deemed finalists in the Contest.
*In the event of a tie in any of the above Category, Runner-up, and Finalist Prizes, the tying entries will be presented to the Judges, and the Judges will break the tie. The tying entries will be judged on the following criteria: 1) originality, 2) customer appeal and 3) wearability.
C. Prizes and Approximate Values.
Grand Prize: a prize package consisting of $1,000 in jewelry making supplies and $1,000 in cash with a combined value of $2,000.
Fan Favorite: a prize package consisting of $1,000 in jewelry making supplies and $500 in cash with a combined value of $1,500.
Category Prizes: a prize package consisting of $500 in jewelry making supplies and $500 in cash with a combined value of $1,000.
Category First Runner Up Prizes: a prize package consisting of $300 in jewelry making supplies and $200 in cash with a combined value of $500.
Category Second Runner Up Prizes: a prize package consisting of $200 in jewelry making supplies and $100 in cash with a combined value of $300.
Finalist Prizes: 50 Jewel School product credits will be awarded in the form of a $25 Jewel School coupon, valid on a regularly priced Jewel School purchase of $25 or more, and with free shipping on the transaction. The coupon will be emailed to the address provided at entry.
No transfer or substitution of a prize is permitted.
6. Winners. All prize winners will be announced during a Jewel School® television broadcast onJTV on September 22, 2014 or such other time as determined by JTV in its sole discretion. Winners will then be contacted by phone and/or mail within ten (10) business days thereafter. If a winner cannot be contacted and/or does not respond to claim his or her prize within ten (10) days, he or she will be disqualified and another winner selected based on the votes castduring the Voting Period.
7. Copyright and Patent Issues. Each design submitted for the Contest must be the original work of the person(s) submitting the entry and cannot be substantially similar to or a derivative copy of jewelry designs of others. By submitting an entry to the Contest, each contestant certifies that the contestant hold all rights to his or her design, and the design has not been previously published or made, that the design has not won a previous prize or award, that the contestant has followed all of the rules of the Contest and that the contestant assigns all rights in the design to JTV, including the copyright in and patent rights. Each contestant whose design is selected as a Finalist will be required to submit a Finalist Agreement certifying that, prior to assignment to JTV, the contestant held all rights to the design, that the design is the sole and original work of the contestant, that the design has not been previously published or made, nor won a previous prize or award, that the contestant has followed all of the rules of the Contest, and that the contestant agrees to execute all documents reasonably necessary to register the copyright and record the assignment of the copyright or to prosecute any applicable design patent and record the assignment of those patent rights. The Finalist Agreement must be signed and returned to JTV by 5:00pm eastern time September 4, 2012 or such contestant will be disqualified from the Contest. JTV, in its sole discretion, may determine to manufacture any design for sale to the public, but is not obligated to do so. JTV reserves the right to alter any design submitted as necessary to manufacture and sell it.
8. Feature of designs in JTV Broadcasts/Websites. All designs entered into the Contest (or images thereof, whether created by JTV or the contestant) may be displayed on JTV television broadcasts and websites at any time, at JTV’s sole discretion. Such display of a design does not indicate that a design has been selected as a Finalist or indicate that a prize will be awarded.
9. General. JTV is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries/designs, photographs and images submitted with an entry become the sole property of JTV and none will be returned. JTV is authorized to use submitted entries as it sees fit, including usage in advertising. JTV reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reproduce the designs (or images thereof) in full, crop the images of a design for reproduction, modify or edit or enhance the images of a design at JTV’s sole discretion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use a winner’s name, likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes by JTV without additional compensation or consent, unless prohibited by law.
By entering the Contest, all contestants release and hold harmless JTV and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from all liability (including attorney’s fees and costs) regarding participation in the Contest and receipt or misuse of the prizes awarded. Prizes and prize notifications that are returned as undeliverable may disqualify winners. All federal, state and local taxes (if any) on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. The winners acknowledge that they may receive a Form 1099 from JTV and agree to provide whatever information is necessary to provide such notice and for JTV to provide appropriate documentation to the Internal Revenue Service. Return of a completed Form 1099 to JTV® constitutes acceptance of
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By sending in an entry to the Contest, contestants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules. Any disputes arising under the Contest shall be governed by Tennessee law, and must be brought in the state or federal court located in Knox County, Tennessee. JTV shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors in these rules or other materials relating to the Contest. JTV is not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers or software, including any injury or damage to contestant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access the jtv.com website; theft, tampering, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transmissions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer, postal or electronic malfunction or misdirected, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or any combination thereof; or for any other errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind relating to or in connection with this Contest, whether computer, network, technical printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or any Contest-related materials. Proof of online submission or mailing is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in JTV’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, JTV reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated last date of the Contest, notice will be posted on www.jtv.com. Any attempt by a contestant or any other individual to deliberately damage a JTV website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, JTV reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. JTV reserves the right to disqualify entries that contain invalid email addresses. Entries submitted by automated methods are prohibited.
Sponsor: America’s Collectibles Network, Inc. d/b/a Jewelry Television® 9600 Parkside Dr., Knoxville, Tennessee 37922.
Enjoy Special Offers and Insider Access
when you sign up for JTV email!
on Today's Order